Friday 15 January 2016

History RoundAbout

I have been experimenting with a new blog - not as an alternative to this one, but to run alongside. Maybe. Probably. I have been thing for a while of making myself a space online to write about local history; not just about my own local area, but about the smaller, more local aspects of history in England as a whole, and also about how to tackle local history research and to highlight some of the fantastic local history projects around. So a couple of weeks ago I set up History RoundAbout. If you would like to see what I have been doing, here are my posts so far:

Every place tells a story
Honest old Thomas Cotes
Pickering flood of 1754
London Underground - 153 today
Ancient woodland

Now I have started I am second guessing my decision to make it a separate blog, feeling a bit schizophrenic. I set up a separate a Twitter account (@historyround) which adds to that feeling of being two different people in two places. On the other hand, I'm not at all sure this would be the right place either, so for now I am going to plug on with the new blog. Do take a look and let me know what you think!

No comments: