Monday 16 February 2015

This Week: Monday 16th February 2015

The weather ... a nasty, miserable, wet day today. The kind where all you want to do is huddle indoors. Though when I read about the amount of snow Melanie at The Wine Dark Sea is coping with I really have no right to complain! I love snow, but that quantity (they have had 84 inches in 3 weeks) simply boggles my mind. 

I am reading ... Common People: The History of an English Family by Alison Light.  I finally made it to the end of The Innovators

I am watching ... Call the Midwife and the quiz show Only Connect are my current regular TV choices. I have also started re-watching Downton Abbey from the beginning on DVD. I have had the first three series sitting around for an age, but got through the first three episodes over the weekend. Interesting watching again from the perspective of knowing the characters' future. 

I am listening ... The Fishing Fleet on Audible. Non-fiction about young women who went out to India in the first half of the 20th century "fishing" for marriagable men.   

This week's goals ...
Three exercise classes - body pump tonight, yoga tomorrow and circuit training on Friday.
Drinking more water.
Finish another book.

How I did last week ...
Pathetic. In fact I didn't even manage to come up with any goals.

Coming up this week ...
Half term for the two younger daughters and I have Monday and Friday off work to look after the small one.
Appointments with builders, decorators, flooring / carpet companies - trying to get my house project ducks in a row. 
A trip to a local children's farm on Friday with small daughter and her friend.
Orthodontist appointment for middle daughter on Tuesday - possibly her last retainer check? That will be two daughters out of three done with orthodontists. 

Highlights of last week ....
A good school progress report for middle daughter with encouraging predicted A level grades.
Hmm ... I don't think much happened last week! I'm struggling to think of anything else!

No comments: