Monday 12 January 2015

This Week: 12th January 2015

Yesterday I decided I would do one of these "start of the week" posts, but it seems I can only write half a post in the small amount of time between waking up and having to get out bed. It takes a while to come round sufficiently to think and type. I am not a morning person.

The weather ...
nasty. Wet and windy.

I am reading ... The Innovators by Walter Isaacson. A history of the inventors of computing from Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace through to the whizzes of the World Wild Web.

I am watching ... DVDs of Miranda. I binged on the entire first series yesterday. 

I am listening ... to The Norman Conquest by Marc Morris on Audible; podcast of Composer of the Week on Sibelius; Sibelius 6th Symphony. I went to an orchestra rehearsal last week for the first time in a year and that is one of the pieces on the programme for the next concert. One of my 101 things to do is to listen to music by unfamiliar composers so decided to make a start with Sibelius. 

This week's goals ...
Drink more water
Read for 1/2 hour every day
Sort out one kitchen cupboard and one drawer

How I did last week ...
Average 9 portions of fruit and vegetables daily - I averaged 7. I am keeping a food diary so should be able to see how to add in an extra couple of portions into my day. 
Finish a book - done!
Clear kitchen surfaces - I tidied the windowsill, which was the messiest surface. I am taking the view that anything I do is progress, and progress is good. 

Coming up this week ...
Engineers! Three of them. One to lay a new phone line between the junction box(?) and the house which will RESTORE OUR INTERNET!!! I hope. One to fix the dishwasher which appears to be the culprit which blew out the fuse on the plug socket circuit twice. And one to do a chemical flush of the heating system. 


No comments: